Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Silent Film Stars

Since I was house-managing my school play on my birthday (the 14th) I came home tired, late at night. But was delighted to see that my family gave me a little party! My grannies gave me cute little accessories, and my aunt gave me a Starbucks card with enough money on it to use until my next birthday (yum!) but something that especially intrigued me was a coffee-table book my dad gave me, which is full of pictures of silent film stars! I found each picture so captivating, I just had to share some...

Lillian Gish, Way Down East

Gretta Garbo (she was always known as a mysterious person, which is partly why audiences and film studios were so captivated by her)

Pola Negri

Clara Bow (lived with an abusive father, ran away from home and won a beauty competition where the grand prize was a cameo in a movie- the rest is history!)

Marion Davies

Colleen Moore (known for being charming and played mostly roles of innocent girls- guess not in this picture)

2 comments:

  1. loved learning about the stars. What about male silent leads. those dashing men!Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Clara! Next time I'll try to disguss Buster Keaton, Lon Chaney, Douglas Fairbanks, and others!

    ReplyDelete