Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Room

I'm back! I always thought that a person's bedroom says so much about them and reveals their personality a bit, so here's mine. What do you think it says about my personality?

My dress mannequin and a wall full of my relatives (mostly great-grandparents).


 My battered old pointe shoes (which I love to display, despite the fact they are so tattered and old).

 Favorite books and a picnic basket, which does such an awesome job of hiding my endless amount of papers.

Although I am against harming animals, this elephant foot sat in my grandparent's attic for decades, so it now lives under my bed-side table.
I put the fringe and feather onto the lamp myself, and my grandma gave me the perfume bottles.

My big sister made this beautiful mask.

One of my many collections-vintage gloves.

What does your room look like? And what do you think it says about you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael;
    I love you bedroom pictures. I think it tells you that you are a very feminine lady. It is nice that you can decorate your room. It looks lovely.
    When I was growing up, we never stayed in one house long enough to do much decorating. But when I got married I made up for lost time.
    Our bedroom was purple and gold. It was fun to decorate. Grandpa mada gold headboard. We had french provencial furniture. I made lavender drapes and sewed purple pillows and gold accents. I had one ver cute gold small table by my bed. Grandpa bought for me for my birthday one year. It is the one in our hallway with books on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the table! It sounds like your decorating taste was as fantastic as it still is. Too bad you couldn't take photos of your gold and purple bed room- I wish I could have seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, little white attic.
    Think your room should be in Elle its fantastic.
    I thought the ballerina shoes had a nice touch.
    The colors you put together are so rad.
    Could I hire you as my personal decorator?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be groovy! I'm glad you think that it is "rad" :). My wonderful grandpa helped me put it together and refurnish all the furniture. I'm lucky to have someone as talented as him around!

    ReplyDelete