Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wandering in the Woods

Last week I went camping with my family for the first time in about a year! We went to Hunnington Lake- quite close to Yosemite (in Northern California). I had so much fun snaping shots of the wildlife, that I just had to share them. They're not exactly National Geographic worthy, but hey- I tried my best...


A babbling brook that ran by our campsight.



A snowflower- they're supposed to bloom when the first snow falls, but I don't know why this one is blooming in July




 Tigerlillies- I had no clue they grew wild in California



You can't tell in the photo, but the moss was literally neon green




The next few photos were taken by my cousin Amy- a more experienced photographer!


An island in the middle of the lake- I kyaked to it. 



We saw dozens of red dragonflys and blue dragonflys by the lake.



 I caught a trout with my bare hands!



A cute little chipmunk family kept trying to steal our food

 I also saw a black-tailed deer (a doe), hawks, robbins, Steller's jays, and dozens of sqirrels. I'll try to get photos of them next time!




















1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have gone.I didn't realize you saw so many animals! Next time focus better on the close ups:(

    ReplyDelete